Skittles – Rules of the Game
Click Here to Register Your Team
Team entry form below Rules
- General Rules
- An impartial referee/scorer should be nominated and a set of rules agreed.
- The game is split into 9 legs 3x3x3
- Each player has one TURN per LEG.
- During each turn the player has 3 THROWS or BALLS to knock down as many skittle pins as possible.
- The player’s feet must remain behind the pitch plate before releasing the ball.
- Skittle balls MUST be bowled under arm and should NOT bounce.
- After each throw any pins felled are removed from the playing area.
- Skittle pins knocked down after ball ricochets off alley side-walls or back-wall do not count. These
should be replaced by the sticker up.
- If after the first or second throw ALL the pins are knocked down then they are ALL replaced for the next
Knocking down all the pins on the first throw is commonly referred to as a “STRIKE” or “FLOPPER”.
Knocking down all the pins on the second throw is commonly referred to as a “SPARE”.
- A players score during each LEG is equivalent to the number of pins knocked over.
- Each players score is noted.
- After all LEGS have been completed the OVERALL total score is calculated. This is equal to the sum of all LEG SCORES and represents the total number of pins each player has knocked over during the course of the game.
- The team with the highest score at the end of the game is declared the winner.
- In the event of a draw an extra hand will be played.
- Score cards will be emailed to Taunton Cider and uploaded onto a Skittles world Cup group page.
A typical scoring card may look something like this
- Avoid walking up and down the skittle alley.
- Do not stand on the skittle alley or in the buffer zone during play.
- The balls and skittles are heavy, keep an eye on children during play.
- The hirer is responsible for the safe keeping of the skittle alley, skittles and balls.
- Any damage or lost skittles or balls MUST be paid for.